Rosemary Crusted Pork Chops with Parmesan Polenta
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 12 ounces mixed fresh mushrooms, stemmed and coarsely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup sliced leeks
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant polenta
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 tsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pat pork dry; rub with 2 teaspoons oil. Stir together rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl; sprinkle over pork. Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium-high. Add pork; cook until browned on all sides, about 4 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven; roast at 400°F until a thermometer inserted in thickest portion reaches 145°F, 14 to 16 minutes. Transfer pork to a cutting board, reserving drippings in skillet. Let pork rest 10 minutes.
- While pork rests, add remaining 4 teaspoons oil to drippings in skillet; heat over medium-high. Add mushrooms, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper; cook, stirring often, until mushrooms begin to brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Add leeks; cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are deeply browned and leeks are tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in parsley and 1 tablespoon butter until melted. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- Prepare polenta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Whisk Parmesan, remaining 1 tablespoon butter, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt into warm polenta.
- Cut pork into 12 slices. Spoon 1/2 cup polenta onto each of 4 plates; top each with 3 pieces of pork and 1/2 cup mushroom mixture.
This was good – not great. I think the polenta could have used more cheese, chicken broth or something. Or perhaps I would try this again with grits instead. Serious burn to the left hand….always be extra careful in the kitchen, especially if you have had a saucepan in the oven….and there are others in the kitchen distracting you.
Original Recipe from Cooking Light
- Serving Size: 1 Pork Chop with Fixings
- Calories: 425
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 18g