This is a great change of pace from your regular old quesadilla.Print
Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadillas for Two
- Chimichurri Ingredients:
- 3 shallots (minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 limes (quartered)
- 1 small bunch cilantro (chopped)
- 5-10 sprigs parsley (chopped)
- I jalepeno (diced)
- Quesadilla Ingredienets:
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/2 can black beans
- 1-1/2 cups shredded monterey jack (white cheddar or other mexican cheese)
- sour cream for garnish
- salsa for garnish
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive oil
- Heat oven to 400.
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes, into small cubes. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake 20-25 minutes until tender.
- While potatoes are baking, prepare and chop the rest of your ingredients.
- Add 1 tsp olive oil to a small pan, and add the shallots, jalepeno, garlic, cilantro and parsley. Juice 1/2 of the lime. Over medium heat, saute until the shallot is translucent.
- When the sweet potatoes are tender, add to a medium sized bowl. Add the black beans and cheese, mixing well. Then add your jalepeno chimi churri and mix to blend.
- In a saute pan, add a small bit of butter, a splash of olive oil and heat. Place tortillas on the counter, add your filling and fold over. When the pan is hot, add quesadilla and brown thoroughly on both sides.
- Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream and salsa.