Love Love Love Chicken Pot Pies – especially the Swanson variety – but I know those are full of things that are NOT good for you, so.. enter the home made version
Chicken Pot Pies (Minis)
- 1 to 2 pie crusts (preferably home made, store brand if you don’t.)
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- Carrots (celery, onion, peas, lima beans – your favorite veggies)
- Chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp Wondra flour for thickening
- Salt (pepper, thyme, and sage – adjust seasonings to your liking, I usually age lots of thyme and sage)
- Bring the veggies and seasonings to a slow simmer, along with spices. When vegetables are tender, add chopped/shredded chicken, adjust seasonings if necessary. There should be just enough liquid to cover. Mix Wondra flour with enough water into a mixing cup to create a smooth saucey type mixture – add to simmering ‘stew’ to thicken.
- Cut and layout your mini pie plates and spoon mixture into place, cover with top crust.
- Bake at 350 until bubbly and brown on top – about 30 minutes.