This was pretty awesome , I mean, just look at the ingredients: goat cheese, fontina..eggs and potatoes. I am pretty sure I stated I love breakfast. I do.
Original recipe source unknown – as soon as I find it – I will put it on here.Print
Hashbrown Quiche with Fontina and Goat Cheese
- 3 oz baby spinach
- 2 Tbs butter (softened, plus more for pan)
- 1 lb package frozen hash brown potatoes (thawed)
- 8 large eggs
- sea salt and ground pepper
- ½ cup sour cream (light)
- 1 cup half and half
- sea salt
- 6 oz grated Fontina cheese
- 2 oz goat cheese (crumbled)
- 4 scallions (thinly sliced)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush a 9-by-2 1/2-inch spring form pan with butter. Line the sides of the pan with strips of waxed paper (the same height as pan); brush paper with butter.
- Squeeze excess moisture from hash browns. Mix in a bowl with butter, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon coarse salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pat into bottom and up sides of prepared pan, using a moistened dry measuring cup. Place on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until set, 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk sour cream, goat cheese, 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until well combined; whisk in 7 remaining eggs. Pour into crust, and sprinkle with scallions. Bake until set, 45 to 50 minutes. Unmold quiche, and peel off waxed paper before serving.