I happen to be in love with anything that contains cinnamon and sugar. Ever since our trip to Italy, both GB and myself have had cravings for good biscotti. This did not disappoint us.
Recipe credited to AllRecipes
Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, baking powder and salt, set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together the 2/3 cup sugar and butter. Beat in 1 egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into two pieces. Roll each piece into a log about 9 inches long and 1 1/2 inches wide. Place logs on the prepared baking sheet and flatten slightly. Brush with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden and firm to the touch. Cool for 15 minutes.
- On a cutting board, slice each log crosswise at a diagonal into 1/2 inch slices, using a serrated knife. Place back on the baking sheet, cut side down, and sprinkle with a mixture of the remaining cinnamon and sugar. Return to the oven for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, until toasted. Cool on wire racks, and store in an airtight container.