Original Recipe from www.pattysfood.com
Cinnamon Roll Scones
- For the Dough
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter (cold cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup dark raisins
- 1 3/4 cups half-and-half
- For the Icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpats.
- Make the filling: using a small bowl mix together the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Make the dough: using a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, work the butter pieces in with your fingertips until the mixture is crumbly (don’t over mix), add the raisins, then add the half-and-half, stirring until just moistened.
- Lightly flour your work surface and turn the dough out, roll it into a 17×12 inch rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick. Spread the cinnamon filling over the dough, leaving a 1/2 inch border. Starting at the long side, roll the dough as tight as possible into a log.
- Cut the dough into 1 & 1/4 inch slices and arrange them cut sides up, several inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for about 25-28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on the pans for 10 minutes before moving to a metal rack.
- Make the icing:
- Using a small bowl mix the powdered sugar with the milk until smooth. Drizzle over the scones, serve warm or at room temperature