Serve with soy sauce if desired. We served this with Brown Rice and Tofu Stir Fry
Original recipe at Buns in My OvenPrint
Sausage Egg Rolls
- 1 pound pork breakfast sausage
- 8 ounce bag coleslaw mix
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 16 egg roll wrappers
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the sausage, breaking into into small pieces, and cook through. Drain the fat. I used a food processor to further break up clumps – just a few pulses.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sausage, coleslaw mix, ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- If you are using a mini-fryer, add oil and allow to heat to 375, otherwise use a deep pot – add 2-3 inches of oil and using a thermometer, heat to 375 degrees.
- Take around 1/4 cup of the sausage mixture into an egg roll wrapper. Fold in each side and then roll up tightly. Use your finger in a small glass of water to brush on the pastry just before you close the roll – this makes the pastry stick together. Roll all of your eggrolls while oil is heating, then set aside.
- Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, cooking around 2 minutes before flipping and cooking another 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain a paper towel lined cookie sheet.