In an effort to cut down on fat..these are pretty good!
Recipe adapted from http://ellysaysopa.com/2009/07/07/breakfast-chicken-sausage-patties/
Chicken Breakfast Sausage
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- 1/2 tsp. dried marjoram
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove (finely minced or pressed)
- 2-3 tsp. olive oil for cooking patties
- Lightly mix all ingredients together until the herbs/spices are well incorporated – make sure you don’t over mix!
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts, and then make 4 (or 2, for 2-oz. patties) patties from each part.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat and add 1 tsp. of oil. Put 1/3 or 1/2 of the patties (depending how big your pan is and how much space your patties take up) into the pan and cook about 2 minutes per side or until browned and cooked through. Repeat with the next 1-2 batches, adding an additional teaspoon of olive oil per batch.