Fried eggs hate me as much as I love them! And by that I mean, they send Crohns disease into a frenzy, but I eat them anyway. These also work very well with Engllish Muffins if you don’t have some artsy bread.
Open Faced Breakfast Sandwich
- 8 oz. Monterey Jack cheese – shredded
- 1/4 cup green onion – finely chopped
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pieces of cooked bacon per person
- fresh tomato slices
- 1 egg per sandwich
- Salt & Pepper
- Prepare Bread as directed.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Arrange bread slices on baking sheet and cover with cheese. Combine onions with olive oil – season with salt & pepper, then spread on bread slices. Divide bacon among bread slices. Bake until cheese melts and bread begins to crisp around edges – about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tablespoon oil in each of 2 large skillets over medium-high heat. Scramble eggs and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let sit in skillets while breads bake.
- Layer as follows: Bread, cheese, green onion, sausage or bacon, scrambled or fried egg salt and pepper.