Sometimes you just need a good old fashioned sloppy joe.
Adapted from Pioneer Woman
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pounds ground beef (or turkey, or chicken)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste (optional)
How to Do It:
- Add oil to a large skillet, then brown the ground beef. Drain fat if necessary.
- Add the onions, green pepper, and garlic, cook until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the ketchup, brown sugar, dry mustard, worcestershire sauce and water. Stir to combine, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve on toasted buns.