So anything with cinnamon, coffee flavoring is good for me. Isn’t that a cute little cupcake stand? My daughter Valerie gave it to me. (hugs) Anyway – these were awesome and it’s no wonder I blow up like a balloon when I bake, because mostly I eat it all. My husband has NO sweet tooth.
Original recipe from : http://openmouthinsertfoods.blogspot.com/2012/04/coffee-coffee-cake-muffins.html
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
How to Do It:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a muffin pan (either lining with paper liners or using Pam to spray).
- In a medium bowl, blend the eggs, sour cream (or milk), vanilla and instant coffee powder.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Cut in the softened butter.
- Blend all until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Spoon half the batter into the prepared pan. Top with 1 tablespoon reserved brown sugar mixture and then with the remaining batter.
- In a small bowl, mix the filling ingredients. Sprinkle the tops generously.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the muffins from the pan, and cool on a wire rack. Serve warm.