Cinnamon-Sugar Coated Cake Doughnuts
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 cup all purpose flour (plus more to make soft dough, add more if necessary)
- 4 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Cinnamon sugar mixture for coating
- Oil for frying
- 2 large mixing bowls
- In one bowl, beat eggs slightly and add sugar. Beat in the cream and milk.
- In the second bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg with a wire whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring together to mix thoroughly. Add enough additional flour to make a soft dough.
- Place on a lightly floured work surface and roll until about 1/2 inch thick. Cut into doughnut shapes.
- Using a pan safe enough for 1inch of oil, heat to 350.
- Fry the doughnuts, a few at a time until golden on both sides. Place on a paper towel to drain excess oil. Using tongs (they are hot), toss in a bag with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Serve warm with a big glass of milk.
- According the the original writer, these can be frozen after they have been fried. Just thaw and toss in your cinnamon sugar mixture.