I was surprised how good and addictive these are – will definitely make them again.
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 c. water
- 2 c. fresh cranberries
- 3/4 c. superfine sugar (regular sugar works too, but less pretty)
How to Do It:
- Combine sugar and water in a sauce pan over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Bring to a simmer. Do not boil or the cranberries will pop!
- Stir in cranberries, pour into a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 8 or more hours.
- Drain cranberries. You may keep the cranberry simple syrup if you want to use it for something else.
- Roll cranberries in superfine sugar. Dry by spreading on a baking sheet at least an hour.
Do not store in an airtight container or they will get soggy.