These were so freaking good, we had them for dinner, then breakfast as shown here.
**These will also freeze well with just the beans and cheese. To use, thaw in the refrigerator, or cook on low-medium heat. Add slaw mixture.
Source Source: Adapted from Bon Appetit, February 2009 – recipe by Smitten Kitchen
Black Bean and Feta Cheese Soft Tacos
- 1 15- ounce can black beans (drained)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 5 tsp olive oil (divided 2 Tbs (or more) fresh lime juice)
- 2 cups coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 white or yellow corn tortillas
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Drain and rinse beans and place into a bowl. Crush partially with a potato masher. Add cumin, salt and pepper. Taste for seasoning.
- Add lime juice and olive oil to a bowl – whisk to mix. Add coleslaw, green onions, and cilantro and toss to coat. Check your salt seasoning.
- Heat non-stick pan to medium – spray with cooking spray or olive oil mister.
- Spoon bean mixture into cooked flour tortilla, add some feta, and cook on both sides until tortilla is crispy. Off heat, add slaw and salsa if you desire.