Another classic recipe that can be found everywhere.
Basic Quiche Lorraine
- 1 9- inch refrigerated or home made pie crust
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- salt and black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 ounces Gruyere (grated)
- 6 slices partially cooked bacon
- 1.Heat oven to 375° F. Fit the crust into a 9-inch pie plate. Place on a baking sheet.
- 2.Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onions and ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the parsley.
- 3.In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, nutmeg, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Stir in the onion mixture and the Gruyère. Place the bacon in a nice arrangement on top.
- 4.Pour the egg mixture into the crust. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes.