A surprisingly good pizza, and I don’t even LIKE eggplant.
Inspired by Smitten KitchenPrint
Eggplant Pizza with Pistachios
- 1 eggplant
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- 1/4 cup finely shredded basil
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- Fresh or prepared pizza crust
- Slice each eggplant into 3 thick slices and then cut those further into cubes. Lay them out in a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Roast in a 400F oven for about 20-25 minutes (or longer as needed) until tender. You may need to turn them once during the roasting and drizzle more olive oil on.
- Spread dough out in the pan, cover with a thin coat of olive oil. Sprinkle your favorite herbs, garlic, basil, chili powder, salt, pepper, oregano, etc.
- Sprinkle remaining ingredients around the dough. Bake at 425 till toasty brown on top.