Recipe Source – Unknown – handwritten index card
One thing for certain, my family loves rhubarb. Interestingly though, every time I buy it at the grocery store, no one EVER knows the code for it. Perhaps I will try growing some of my own this next year when the garden is in shape.
Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins
- 1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 3/4 c. minced fresh rhubarb
- 1/2 c. sliced strawberries
- Sugar for dusting tops
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix flour, 1/2 cup sugar, the baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Combine egg, milk and oil in small bowl; stir into flour mixture with fork just until moistened.
- Fold rhubarb and sliced strawberries into batter. Fill well buttered muffin tins 2/3 full with batter.
- Sprinkle tops generously with sugar. Bake until golden, 20-25 minutes. Remove from tins; cool on wire racks.
- ***You can use either fresh or frozen rhubarb and strawberries