This was really excellent, a recipe by rachel ray. I should make it again soon.
Source: Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
- 3 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs ground chicken breast available in the packaged meats case
- 2 Tbs chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ red onion chopped
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 cup salsa or 1 14-oz can stewed or fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 8 8 inch flour or corn tortillas (whichever you prefer)
- 2½ cups shredded Cheddar or shredded pepper jack
- 2 scallions finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil – twice around the pan. Add chicken and season with chili powder, cumin, and red onion. Brown the meat, 5 minutes. Add taco sauce or stewed or fire roasted tomatoes. Add black beans and corn. Heat the mixture through, 2 to 3 minutes then season with salt, to your taste.
Coat a shallow baking dish with remaining extra-virgin olive oil, about 1 tablespoon oil. Cut the tortillas in half or quarters to make them easy to layer with. Build lasagna in layers of meat and beans, then tortillas, then cheese. Repeat: meat, tortilla, cheese again. Bake lasagna 12 to 15 minutes until cheese is brown and bubbly. Top with the scallions and serve.